Aims & Objectives
The specific aims and objectives of the BCSA are clearly defined in the constitution of the organisation. In point form, they are as follows:
- To promote, encourage and stimulate the breeding and exhibiting of budgerigars, including the improvement of existing varieties, and the development of new.
- To serve as the State Council for Budgerigars in South Australia (including Broken Hill).
- To cooperate with other governing bodies interested in budgerigars, here in Australia, and abroad.
- To affiliate with and act as the South Australian member body of the Australian National Budgerigar Council (ANBC).
- To invite and encourage membership of Affiliate and Associate Organisations interested in the breeding and exhibiting of budgerigars.
- To use the Standard of Perfection for the exhibition budgerigar as set by the ANBC.
- To establish, maintain and recommend uniform rules for all shows and exhibitions held by the Council and its Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- To establish a panel of judges who are able to judge these shows.
- To accept a code of ethics for judges.
- To ratify recommendations received from the panel of judges.
- To recommend and / or co-ordinate on any matter deemed to be of common interest to Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- To obtain direction and/or instruction from Affiliate and Associate Organisations on ANBC matters through their BCSA delegates.
- To hold an annual pre-selection show to select a team to represent South Australia at the ANBC Championship Show.
- To host the ANBC Championship Show when required.
- To compile annually a register of show and meeting dates of all participating Affiliate and Associate Organisations.
- To establish and maintain an exhibitor status register for all financial individual members or partnerships.
- To do all such other things as may be incidental to the attainment of such objects.